Monday, February 15, 2010

More Snow

What's up with so much snow in Mississippi.  We had about 5 inches last Friday.  Luckily, that was a rest day for me.  By Saturday morning, the roads were fine for a run.  I put in 7 miles.  This is my longest since my comeback.  The run was encouraging.  I still have trouble on hills, but other than that it felt pretty good.

Running hills has been a problem since my heart attack.  The medication that I take limits my heart rate and therefore makes it difficult to exert enough to make long hills.  It's very frustrating, but I understand why I have to take this.

I have my first race this coming Saturday.  It's a 5K to raise money for the Blair Batson hospital for children in Jackson.  It will be fun to be back with old race friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment