Monday, February 8, 2010

Day After the Super Bowl

Runs are not fun after a day of celebration.  Being from just north of New Orleans, I am unbelievably excited at the Saint's win.  Hell has frozen over and pigs are flying.  Of course, I ate too much last night while watching the game with my wife and friends.  I did put in 3 miles this morning though.

Training is going well.  No pain in my achilles.  I was able to put in a total of 16 miles last week and will try to get to 18 this week.

I have signed up for several runs.  Two 5K's, one 10K, and one half-marathon.  Having races to look forward to always helps me.

I am amazed at how much better I feel now that I am back running after a year off.  What a difference.  My energy is up and I actually feel more at peace.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing you got out to run at all! I'm pretty sure that if my team won the Superbowl, the celebration might have eliminated running the next day altogether!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'd love to run New Orleans someday! Anything I can do to help motivate you, please let me know. Although I have trouble believing it, I have been told that my blog is a motivator. I hope the new podcast can have the same impact. Keep running!

    ReplyDelete